Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras as checked luggage
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:08:13 -0500

on 10/31/00 3:32 PM, Martin Howard at howard.390@osu.edu wrote:

> Does anyone sell cases that pad cameras and lenses well enough to enable
> them to be sent as checked luggage at airports?  Cases that will withstand
> the delicate touch of the tossers who work there?  And just how horrendously
> expensive are such cases?  Can they be used more than once?
>
> M.
There are a number of cases that will withstand the gentile touch of airport
baggage handlers.  Best is Anvil, if you can locate a motion-picture supply
house or a professional musicians store they should have acess to the
product.  It is expensive and announces that it contains something expensive
enough to be protected in these costly case.

There are other manufactures of cases that will do the job.  My advise is to
buy the smallest case to serve your needs and then find an old beaten up
regular suitcase and put the protective case inside it for shipping.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander