Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: JOBO Nova black-and-white processor
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:35:10 -0800

I think he is talking about the trasparent monochrome processors.  I am
thinking about seeing if I can build a 16x20 or 20x24 monochrome processor.
A trip to TAP Plastics may get almost everything.  It appears from the
pictures that the dividers are a lexan material similar to that used in the
better quality ceiling mounted flourescent light fixtures, in the prism
style which would keep the print from sticking to the edges.  That and a few
pieces of plexiglass, say 1/2 or 3/4" thick, grooved for the dividers to
slide in.  TAP Plastics would be happy to advise what materials are chemical
resistant, I'm sure.  You could probably have TAP manufacture it for you,
for a price.  Question is what to use for a drain (besides a syphon hose!).
If any others are interested in collaborating on a DIY project, please let
me know.

As an aside, their catalog has plans for light boxes.

Tom