Subject: [Leica] RE: Can anyone explain - i sure can't
From: Thomas Donovan <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:23:41 -0500

Guy Bennett,

>>Have the non-nostalgia smitten among us already switched to (digital?)<<
   >>ae af systems, do they use only zoom lenses......etc. so forth & so
on<<

Not I ;-)!  I'm in the midst of returning from an ae/af system to a
purebred Leica
system. In my situation, it's not only for optical quality; it's also a
desire to
work with "build quality".

Tripod mounts that add value, properly centered elements, the accuracy of
non af focusing, built in quality hoods, focusing rings that are
"smoooooth",
cameras with mirror lock up when needed, brilliant viewfinders, etc. etc.!!

And BTW; I abhor electric shavers, Microwave food, & shopping at Wal-Mart
outlets.  Talk about the stomping of jackboots on gray slate! Really ;-)!

Tom D.