Subject: Re: [Leica] Film megabytes and some curious contradictions
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:50:42 EST

In a message dated 10/31/00 9:28:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
walt@jove.acs.unt.edu writes:

<< Erwin, you either have to stop posting, or stop getting offended....take a
break,
 have a beer, etc.....>>

What's wrong with SM (single malt) Scotch?

                    <SNIP>

<< I use Leicas.  I use analog records. I use ONLY vacuum tube amplifiers, of
my own design and construction.>>

OT but worth more space.  Don't hesitate to elaborate a little.

<<  I use vintage Collins radio gear to operate CW (morse code), with
 vintage MECHANICAL semi-auto keys.  I'd drive a Morgan if I had the choice.
I have
 a vintage lugged steel Italian bicycle.  I write often with a Parker
fountain pen.
 I like only M2s and M4s.  I use 60s-80s lenses, and I prefer chrome over
brass barrels rather than alloy.  I use Nikon Fs and F2s, cuz they're CLOSEST
to the Leica in terms of construction and "attitude"...>>

What about the M3; and what lenses do you use on the F and F2?

 <<now for the important part:  I use 3200 tmax AND
 Agfa 25.....I shoot handheld with a 90 f2 wide open AND on a tripod with a
50 at
 f8 (optimum, or close to it)...I enjoy "bar" photography, and also emulating
a "view
 camera" with 35mm....both of which I've done very successfully with Leica....
 But I don't CARE if digital/electronic/alloy/modern is better.....I ENJOY
working with
 gear and methods that I consider to be from a better "time", as least from
my
 ethno-centric-caucasian-male-in-USA view...admittedly biased!>>

This is permissible - at least for the present.

 <<Consider yourself lucky to be in the company of folks that give a SHIT
about ANYTHING...at least they'll argue with you...>>

            <SNIPSNIPSNIP>

 You mention convention wisdom....forget it....if ANY of us had ANY
'conventional
 wisdom', we'd forget about ALL this shit, get a real job, and get on with
our
 lives/families/etc....(don't hold your breath)

 Best to all
 Walt in Denton, Tx.

Standing ovation, Walt!

Joe Sobel