Subject: Re: [Leica] Dancing angels
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:24:02 -0500

Mark Rabiner jotted down the following:

> which says "so the answer is 10 to the 25th power angels can fit on the point
> of a pin." That's a lot of angels and is wonderfully specific which I always
> love!

Not particularly specific at all.  Now, 10.0^25 would have been specific, or
10.00000000^25 would have started to approximate "wonderfully specific", but
10^25 angels leaves room for a margin of error on the order of +-5 * 10^24,
always assuming I remember this crap from my high school maths classes
correctly, which I sincerely doubt, trying my best to sleep through most of
anything related to maths.

Maybe that's why I'm always so surprised when I get the credit card
statement at the end of the month.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | "University diplomas, like today!"
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |            -- eMail spam subject line