Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm lens question
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:50:47 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

That's easy:....the latest 90 Apo-Summicron- it's the only one to have....
anything else and you might as well be using a Pentax......NO, and I repeat, NO
Leica user should settle for anything else....in fact, I'd like to
offer my services to the group....
Send >ALL< pre 1998 Leica lenses to me, Walt in Denton, and I'll destroy them
and dispose of their remains in a suitable, environmentally responsible way....
thus ridding the Leica world of these inferior optics...this will also
rid the list of such nonsensical conversation about "bokeh" and "flare" (as a
positive feature), and will get the topics back where they belong, the FINE,
WELL DESIGNED AND WELL CRAFTED >>>CURRENT<<< products from Leica, AG....you know,
the cameras that won't fire a studio flash without batteries, the same batteries
that it eats at a rate faster than my daughter's gameboy, etc.....
BTW, please send bodies (pre m4-2) with the lenses...they can't be trusted
to wind film past these fine new lenses....I'll take care of their disposal, too...

I'm a selfless public servant, so PLEASE don't ask to pay me....just send the
obsolete gear and I'll take it to the proper recycling centers.....

Walt