Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital is not photography (long)
From: "Mark Rutledge" <markrut@ticnet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:21:14 -0600

>>While it's true that digital process has taken over the real world of
imaging
(product, photography, advertising, daily news),

Well we're not quite there yet. In advertising and product photography,
digital is a long way from taking over the capture phase.The only ad/product
shooters I know of locally who have gone digital are the bigger catalog
houses. This is partly because most clients demand 4x5(some even 8x10). The
only case, in my experience, anyone requests digital is for immediate
turnaround. Someday, yes everybody in these fields will go digital but  the
main advantages of digital (speed, immediate gratification) have yet to be
sufficiently enticing when compared to the cost of the backs, lights,
support systems,  and image quality.

Mark Rutledge