Subject: Re: [Leica] When will you cock shutter?
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:31:37 -0700

Terry,

I assume your question has to do with whether it is a good idea to leave the
shutter cocked between shots. I don't think it makes any difference with the
Leica, or most other cameras. Some manufacturers used to recommend against
leaving the shutter cocked, especially if the camera was going to be stored
for a while. The concern was that it would cause too much stress for the
shutter mechanism, but most modern shutters are not affected by this.

Some people do not leave the shutter cocked on an M6, to prevent accidental
drainage of the meter battery, due to pressure on the shutter release while
the camera is in a bag.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.