Subject: RE: [Leica] Amateurs
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 07:26:49 -0700

[snip]

>(I can't imagine what I'd have to do as a photographer to earn in
>a year what I get paid for a single screenplay)

Same goes for me and software design.  I've been a pro, and I remember how much money I didn't make.  A studio pro who spoke at the Ottawa Camera Club last year had done some research on the Statistics Canada web site, and had come to the conclusion that the average income of a "professional photographer" in Canada is about $18000 CAD, or about $12000 USD.  At those kind of rates, I'm sure glad to be an amateur!

Paul