Subject: [Leica] LHSA Black Paint Cameras
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:47:06 EDT

To address the latest questions about the LHSA black paint cameras.  NO
ORDERS WERE TAKEN AFTER JUNE 30th.  650 .72 and 500 .85 cameras were ordered.
 THERE WILL NOT NOR HAVE THERE BEEN ANY ADDITIONAL ORDERS TAKEN.  The policy
of direct sales to members only had to be modified after six weeks into the
subscription period when fewer than 100 cameras had been sold.  We were
between the proverbial rock and a hard place with Leica having made the first
batch of 300 cameras with less than a third of them sold.  Please tell me
what you would have done in my position?  As far as notifying members, there
was no timely vehicle available for doing so.  At no time have I tried to
deceive anyone in this matter.  You have all been free to call me (my number,
847-480-0210, is on the LHSA masthead in the VF).  Many people have called
and I have explained the situation fully.  LHSA members will be given
priority to receive the cameras they have ordered before the dealers receive
theirs.  We will also extend the membership for one year of all LHSA members
who purchased their cameras direct from the society.  I think many people
have lost sight of the fact that the entire point of the exercise was to
provide LHSA members with something truly unique, a black paint camera to use
and enjoy, and to raise some much needed funds for the society.  On these two
fronts we have succeeded.  I am sorry to disappoint those who had a different
agenda.

Bill Rosauer

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica] LHSA Black Paint Cameras)
Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] LHSA Black Paint Cameras)