Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Slide Rules and Platinum
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:47:53 -0700

At 9:35 PM -0700 10/26/00, Roger Beamon wrote:
>What's a slide rule?
>

>On 26 Oct 2000, Johnny Deadman wrote, at least in part:
>
>>  I'm a big fan of slide rules. I've started buying them too.
>>  Imagine how much you would freak someone out if you pulled out
>>  napiers bones instead of a calculator! They will go nicely with my
>>  super graphic, methinks.
>>
>>  can you get an aspheric slide rule??
>
>--
>Roger, List-Owner

It's a rule that has some mobility; eg - thou shalt use a tripod and
a film with a sensitivity no higher than 50ISO, and your Summicron
ASPH at no aperture larger than f/2.8 or smaller than f/8. This rule
can be slid all the way to: thou mayest use your Summarit wide open
with HIE unfiltered and push it past 3200EI at 1/4sec on a rocking
boat, if that will get the picture. Glow, nothing but glow!

We could all be slide rule collectors.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design