Subject: [Leica] Re: Slide Rules and Platinum
From: Douglas Cooper <visigoth@cloud9.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:04:07 -0400

> Would you get into Platinum printing today? or Gum Bichromate? How about a
> unicorn collection?

In fact, I've spent a lot of time wondering whether I should get into Platinum printing.  (I understand it's way more toxic than standard black and white chemistry.)  Also -- don't laugh -- I've seriously considered starting a slide rule collection.  They're beautiful objects.  Thought I'd be the first to consider this, but judging by the fairly heavy trade on ebay, it's a real community.

So, Marc -- where do I start?  What's the equivalent of a Rolleiflex 3.5E in slide rules?

Doug Cooper

Replies: Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Slide Rules and Platinum)
Reply from "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: Slide Rules and Platinum)