Subject: [Leica] Amateurs
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:45:24 -0500

> I decided right then that starvation and low paying work in the writing and
> photography business was not my cup of tea. You guys can have it and I will
> not spoil it for you. --  Regards,  Paul Connet

I almost always advise those who ask--often parents of college-age children
who for some reason think photography is a safe refuge from real work--that
the best way to be a photographer is to do well at another profession and be
an amateur. Amateurism has its pitfalls too, but the advantages are
considerable.

- --Mike