Subject: Re: [Leica] Flat vs curved field, was Focusing the M6
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:29:38 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/00 12:32:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbcollier@home.com writes:

<< I often shoot wide open with the lens racked all the way out. I focus by
 moving my body back and forth and then recompose. The off centre pictures
 elements I focus on are sharp. All day today I have been reading compelling
 explanations of how my technique is poor, that my results simply impossible,
 that I should be stopping my lens down and using fast film. So I am starting
 to think...gosh...I must be doing something wrong. >>

Same goes for me.  Actually, a surprisingly high percentage turn out to be in
focus.  Understanding the theory behind the performance does not always help.

Joe Sobel