Subject: Re: [Leica] Flat vs curved field, was Focusing the M6
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:22:03 -0400

Yes, a curved field thread!! What struck me as curious is that we have
had many many discussions on the focusing accuracing of the new 0,58,
the new 28mm lens, etc, without the question coming up of the fact that
a rangefinder is most accurate in the center of the field, if one shifts
the camera. It is only a question that should, I would think, come into
considerations of how much DOF we have, and of practical ways to handle
it.

Jesse