Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Fiber Papers
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:46:46 -0700

Dan Post wrote:
><Snip>  Longevity notwithstanding,
> you get a possibility of a 'better' print from your fiber based paper, and
> that is why I think it is enjoying a resurgence of popularity. It actually
> 'looks' better to the eye.
> Dan (subjective opinion not necessarily as those of management....) Post
>
>  > > Is it still necessary to use fiber papers to get the best possible
> results? Or are some of the other papers up to scratch?  (Just
> > > wondering if there's a way around using trays, as I don't like to expose
> myself to chemicals; my lab has a decent machine.)
> > >
> > > DC
> >
> > I think behind glass you can't tell the difference. I also hear the RC
> stuff is
> > setup to last as long as Fiber from what they can now guess.

An excellent argument IMO and use of probe!
RC prints really used to have a veiled look but I did think they had cut through
most of that that by now.
I don't detect veiling any more but i do trust your densitometer.
Its the surface which bugs me. The only thing worse than an RC hyper gloss
surface is an RC Pearl.
Dried down gloss on fiber paper is so nice and for the reasons you mention.
Mark rabiner

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Fiber Papers)
Message from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Fiber Papers)