Subject: Re: [Leica] Black paint classic and James Nachtwey
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:57:13 -0400

on 23/10/00 10:17 am, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> Damn, JD, do NOT confuse me and my observations with those of ...

Sorry, BD, I hate misattributions and that was my fault. I didn't even
notice who I was responding too, it was just the words.

I am pretty tired of photographs of photographer scrums. No, let me rephrase
that. I am totally bored by them. They are generally a LOT easier to take
than a photograph which lays bare the nature of the event, but they can give
you a nice smug feeling of how clever you are when you take them, thinking
that you are saying something deep, when in fact you are reiterating a
sophomoric cliche. See PUBLIC RELATIONS by G Winogrand for a very early and
very non-sophomoric nailing of this subject.

I think it distracts attention from the real issue. The real issue here,
despite that pikcha, is bullets and land and lives, not how many
photographers you can fit on the head of a pin.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Black paint classic and James Nachtwey)