Subject: Re: [Leica] James Nachtwey and the purpose of modern PJ
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:29:12 -0700

Kevin H wrote:

> Hey, this is the latest photo safari craze.
>
> Travel is provided to a 'politically unsafe' place,
> and a well-known professional photographer gives tips and critiques your work.
> You too can take exciting photos of rebellious demonstrations and acts of violence
> you just don't see every day in downtown Cleveland.
> They even guarentee atleast one corpse sighting,
> and  they even supply the helmets!<<<<<<<<

Now that's a hell of deal! It's a wonder somebody hasn't got onto this as a photo
safari already. I bet you could make a ton of money on it... "Fly with us to the rock
throwing events of the middle east!  Shoot the rock throwers all day and party rock
all night in our plush 5 star hotels.  Film processed over night and critiqued before
noon,  just in time to catch the afternoon rock throwers event starting at 2 pm.!"

Now do you see just how ridiculous this whole mid east thing really is? Why sweat it,
stay home with your Leica,  photograph weddings, portraits and birthing, it's a hell
of lot safer.
ted

Message from Kevin H <kevin@2image.com> (Re: [Leica] James Nachtwey and the purpose of modern PJ)