Subject: [Leica] wide angle close focusing
From: "Neil Miller" <plus_4@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 07:27:18 GMT

Absolutely! My main interest is in the 21mm. I replaced a 21mm f4 Super
Angulon with the 21mm f2.8 Asph. Elmarit a little over a year ago. I sure
miss the ability of the older lens to focus down to approximately 7 inches.
Although it is not needed often there are definitely opportunities that are
lost with the newer lens. I have times now when the camera needs to be
placed behind my head so it will be in focus. Even doing this does not give
the same perspective the 21mm f4 focused at its closest distance would.

Neil

Dan Honemann wrote:

>Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 07:57:27 -0400
>From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
>Subject: [Leica] wide angle close focusing
>Okay wide angle buffs, here's a question for you: do you find the .7m
close-focusing restriction of the Leicas to be restrictive in practice?