Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: critique pictures, not people
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 22:09:15 -0400

on 21/10/00 9:27 pm, Brian Reid at reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> My favorite typeface designer, Eric Gill, is often criticized for
> having lived an immoral life. So much so that there was an uproar in
> his native England about whether it was right to set the prayer book in
> Gill Sans. I find myself unable to care about his personal life when I
> set something in Perpetua or Golden Cockerel.

Gill Sans was my all time favourite font. I used it for six years as a
default. But then I discovered... I still use GS Bold extended a lot. But
then I discovered...

... Rotis Semi Sans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is a font. I wonder if it was designed by the same guy who came up
with rotisserie chicken?

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com