Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Black paint and pure bromide
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 10:05:08 -0400

I should probably make something very clear here.  I have absolutely
nothing against collectors.  I have a pile of old Batman and Superman
comics (and almost the entire collection of Collector's Photography
magazine) all stashed away in plastic bags.  And I have a total of six
cameras (including two Leicas), and barely use them enough to justify
owning one

And if I were buying a new Leica, and a black paint version was available,
I'd probably be tempted by it, if the price were right.  I am by no means
representative of what I referred to in an earlier post as a "workingman
Leica user".   After I clicked on the Send button for the post I made about
the roll of film I shot with the APO 90. I thought to myself, "a bunch of
LUGers are probably going to wonder how this guy can get so excited about
shooting one roll of film, when I go through 20 a day?".  [my point was
that it was at f2, and I rarely shoot wide open].

But at least I know when to call a spade a spade.  If your primary concern
is the chemical composition of the camera body, chances are you are leaning
towards the collector side of the fence.  If you are more concerned with
the root mean square interval between visits to the camera shop, you just
may be more of a user (or perhaps just a bit weird  ;-).

Dan C.

Message from "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org> ([Leica] Re: Black paint and pure bromide)