Subject: Re: [Leica] late night musings
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 08:12:05 -0400

I agree with Jim and Rob about the new equipment. Rob stated it very
well. One question is how much one reacts to the "want" for new
equipment: Rob acknowledges that he is content with the cameras he has.
And so am I. And so is Mike. That is part of the problem for Leica. The
M6 appeals to a relatively small group: photojournalists, professionals,
dedicated amateurs (like me), many of whom also love the equipment with
a combination of nostalgia, love of the craftsmanship, appreciation of
what it can do, but can absorb only so much new equipment.

Sometimes improved is not that much improved. If Rob, for instance, uses
two M6s and needs a third, he might prefer another classic because the
reverse dials could cause mistakes.

Jesse