Subject: Re: [Leica] Late night musings after a long but interesting day.
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 07:50:58 -0400

I tend to agree with Mike, but for somewhat different reasons. I like
very much the idea of a classic M6 in black paint, but given that I own
three M6s now would I trade one in to get it? No, just as I did not get
the LHSA camera much as I admire it, and did not trade my 21 Elmarit for
the ASPH model. I am just going to live with that gnawing feeling that
there are some Leica products that I would like - even a lot - but will
not have. I feel some attachment for cameras and lenses that have served
me well, and will only replace them if there are reasons substantial
enough (for me) to justify the considerable expense of the new model.

Many photographers have a strong nostalgic side yet also want equipment
that suits them best to get the the job done.

Jesse