Subject: Re: TTL shutter speed dial (was RE: [Leica] LHSA meeting)
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:03:19 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/00 10:52:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com writes:

<< My understanding was that the designers wanted the new of rotation to match
 the meter arrows in the finder.  Because the dial is larger and more easily
 manipulated with the camera at eye level, they felt this change would make
 operation more fluid.  Not having a TTL (yet) I can't say if they were right
 or wrong, but I do know that changing the shutter speed of my classics with
 the camera at my eye does feel a bit counter-intuitive and fiddly.

I had the same problem with the non-TTL, plus the difficulty in getting the
two LED's to match in any kind of hurry.  Although I preferred the handling
of the non-TTL overall, and the release travel seemed shorter than on the
TTL, the TTL does work better in the metering department, in the respects you
mention.  Once the adjustments to the operation of the TTL are made by the
non-TTL user, it seems more efficient.  I use a Nikon soft release with the
TTL.  Not bad.

Joe Sobel