Subject: Re: [Leica] FOMy Leicas
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:09:54 -0700

Not to mention whether one is to include a picture taken through a Jupiter
on a IIIf, or through a Summicron on a Hexar RF, or a Telyt with a Nikon or
Canon mount, or an APS shot taken by an APO Macro on an EOX IX with Gandy
adapter, or ....   And what about Leica Mini, Mini II, Mini III, Mini Zoom,
Z2x, C1, C11, Minilux, Minilux Zoom, Digilux Digilux 4.3, S1 (or whatever
thaat big digital thing was called)?

IMHO the bigger question should be whether to include other lens/Leica body
or other body/Leica Lens or Leica digital, than whether to include Leica
SLR.

Tom
(Damn, those Lawyers always have to make things so complicated!)

> One really must be careful when deciding "what constitutes a Leica?"  Is
the
> work to be restricted to RF type only or is the name on the camera what
> counts?  I mean, there are some folks here only Leica SLR equipped, are
they
> excluded?  I think not, simply because a Leica is a Leica, is a Leica
> regardless of model. Hopefully this wont open a big can of worms deciding
> whether the SLR  is or isn't part of the leica family for FOM II
submissions.

Message from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] FOMy Leicas)