Subject: [Leica] Candid weddings in black-and-white
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:22:54 -0400

>My advice if you want to do this sort of thing professionally is, find
>wedding for which the couple has already hired a standard professional
>wedding photographer, and offer to do an "artistic" candid book for
free.

Michael:

This is a really nice idea. I have been thinking I'll need to do
something similar since most of my current portfolio, even the casdid
stuff, is in color. But I hadn't quite thought of that approach. Thanks.
It also might give me a good way to get impartial feedback, since the
couple won't have paid.

On a broader note, the other thing all of your comments are making me
think I might just to up my rates enough to the point where I can simply
hire a subcontractor to do the formals. All I need is a reasonably
competant photographer for a couple of hours since I already have the
Hasselblad. Then (s)he can leave and I can do the rest candid style,
which is what I do best. A second photographer sounds like a great way
to justify a nice hefty charge, too.

Of course, that means finding one first. :(

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Candid weddings in black-and-white)