Subject: Re: [Leica] meeting in London
From: "Matt Morgan" <mattmorgan@pdseurope.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:05:59 -0800

To all interested in a London LUG Meeting

Well, the ball seems to be rolling and we've already outgrown the membership
limits at my club. We're not quite ready to hire the Albert Hall, but I
guess the most important next question for venue is what do we want to do?

By this I mean, if we're meeting for the first time and want to talk, maybe
show some prints (Don't have to!), and find a table or space big enough for
six or seven, then noisy, busy Soho/Covent Garden pubs without seating might
not be the ideal situation. (Actually, I've just thought of a pub in Covent
Garden that might suit, so I'll check it out later today).

However, there should be quieter pubs in close range. Simon, isn't there a
couple at the back of Oxford Circus that might be right?

I'm assuming, for a first meeting, that it's best to just have a social
drink etc., rather than booking a dinner? But I don't mind either way.

Anyway, the present interested parties are:

Matt Morgan
Simon Lamb
Brian Stevens
Brian Downie
Fred Schwab
Howard Fairbrass(?)
Gerry Walden
(And we need a cardboard cut-out of Dr Joseph Yao so he can be here in
spirit).

Date wise, I suggest lets be specific and then adjust. So, Thursday 2nd
November at 7:00. What do you think?

Matt.