Subject: [Leica] FOM2 and 'The Family of Man'
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:42:32 EDT

Paul Himmel, Consuela Kamaga, A. Marshak, Esther Bubley, Margery Lewis,
Constance Stuart, Tona Hoban, Thomas McAvoy, Fenno Jacobs.

Do the names mean anything to you because they sure has hell don't to me! In
the light of the apparent concerns about our ability to emulate the original
FOM exhibition, I decided to get out the original book and look at the famous
photographers whose hallowed footprints we were treading in. The above are
the names of those on two pages (162 & 163) chosen at random. To the best of
my knowledge none of them are famous and I think I am pretty good at the
names of photographers. A bit like us really, a mixed group of keen people
just wanting to submit to a good idea. Sure enough, there is work by
Brassaii, Capa, Doissneau, Bischoff etc. but they only make up maybe 20% of
the total and if you took actual image area I doubt if it is even that. So
why the worry? Why the derision? Lets just do it!!

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076
Fax: (0)23 8034 8542