Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica History
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:01:28 -0600

Well I have not seen any answers so let me clumsily wade in with a reply. If
you have no inkling of Leica history it is an OK book to read. It is written
by an enthusiast who was unable to step back and write calmly about Leica.
It reads like ad copy.

Having said that, it does present a fair outline of Leica history (the later
books just add recent history). If I had to do it again, I would
inter-library loan the book from my local library. It is definitely not the
sort of book you will go back to again and again.

A better and more useful book for the collector would be Dennis Laney's "The
Leica Collectors Guide".

Cheers

John Collier