Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: dry & wet darkroom :-()-:
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:59:14 -0400

Rob -

You are just using the wrong terminology.  Mine are not computer prints -
they are piezography prints made with pigment-based inks.  On watercolor or
handmade papers, they look even more handprinted than a darkroom
print.  The creativity part comes in when you decide to press the
shutter.  It's still there whether you print the negative in a darkroom or
through a computer.  To say that the creativity is only the mechanical
process - whether it is darkroom or computer - is to say that anyone can
duplicate it.  My piezography prints come closer to what I saw in my mind
when I decided to press the shutter so, to me, they are the most
creative.  Many galleries now accept
computer/glicee/inkjet/piezography/whatever-you-want-to-call-them prints
and I'm sure more will jump in when they realize that inkjet prints are
selling at other galleries for the same prices as darkroom prints.  With
the right ink on the right paper, inkjet prints are as archival as darkroom
prints, by the way.

Tina