Subject: Re: [Leica] dry & wet darkroom :-(
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:11:48 +0100

> > Hi Guys & Gals,
> > After several hours of trying to "electronically" dodge and burn a
neg
> > to make one decent print, I have to confess out of sheer
frustration,
> > "read my inadequacies," in coping with the learning curve of
> > computer/printer compared to wet/my printing, that it's just
driving me
> > up the
> > wall or around the curves, contrasts, brightness or wiggling
lines!

> > Frustrated and head aching, but determined to learn! ;-).... Damn,
good
> > time for a comforting single malt! :-)
> >
> > ted
> >
> Well Ted if you think you have it bad, pity poor me, I am just at
the
> beginning, having just bought a scanner.
>
> Steve
> Annapolis

And for me at least, theres no pleasure or excitement in the digital
process to inspire me to greater efforts, messing on the PC leaves me
frustrated and bored unlike the darkroom where 12 hours can flash by
unnoticed.  I get a buzz from making a wet print!  (Though Im not a
master of that either)

JBH

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] dry & wet darkroom :-()
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] dry & wet darkroom :-))