Subject: [Leica] Re: 400 and 560/6.8 Grip
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:20:26 -0400

And if you can't find this one you can use a standard cable release if you
go to Radio Shack and buy a female inline 1/4 inch phone jack. Slip the
cable release through the phone jack and the phone jack into the hole for
the release. It works fine.

Ken Wilcox

At 4:58 PM +0200 10/16/0, Tuong Nguyen (ETM) wrote:
>Douglas/Tina,
>
>I have the grip and the shoulder brace but I don't have the micro switch
>release.  I use the cable release that came with my Leica bellow.
>The cable release also fit into the grip holder.  You can use the same
>cable if you can not find the micro switch.
>
>Tuong
>

>Date: 14 Oct 2000 14:51:55 -0700
>From: Douglas Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 and 560/6.8 Grip
>On Sat, 14 October 2000, Ted wrote:
>

><SNIP>
>> get the micro switch and cord to
>> release the camera through the motor or winder.  This is a much better
>>shutter
>> release than a long able release and manually re-cocking after each
>>shot. As the
>> motor quickly advances the film for faster moving subjects. It also
>>allows for
>> steadier handling of the camera and lens while holding it to the eye
>>much like a
>> weapon.
>>

>I'm presently motorless :( but when I used a winder on the R4sP, the
>microswitch and cord were very handy and I could generally hold it a bit
>steadier than when using the camera shutter release.
>
>Doug Herr
>Birdman of Sacramento
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>