Subject: [Leica] Re: OT Newbie Want-to-be-owner of Leica
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:40:58 -0400

>Simon,

>According to the Leica Price Guide (latest edition, 2000) this lens
[chrome 35mm f2 summicron 219XXX] should be worth $1000. Seems a bit
optimistic to me, >though.

>Nathan

Thanks Nathan, it seems a bit high to me too, but who knows with Leica.
I'll have to think about this, but it might be time to sell although I'd
probably ask less than that.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for one, a local dealer here in
Virginia has a rather nice 135mm 2.8 Elmar. Black, with specs.and a Hoya
Series VII uv filter for $399. They have had it for about a year and
they keep lowering the price.

Simon Stevens