Subject: [Leica] Re: Pet Peave (OT)
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:35:05 -0700

On 15 Oct 2000, MTomalty@aol.com wrote, at least in part:

> hi roger
>
> no i don't think you're being a crank,maybe a crackpot though.
> it's painfull enough at times to sift though the obscure topics
> and threads, let alone worry about someone elses punctuation and
> grammar.

My last word on this, I swear.

But, you see, Mark, I wasn't criticizing the users of all lower
case on their punctuation, grammar or even spelling. I'm
criticizing a laziness and disregard on their part. The UALC
(users of all lower case) know how to do it correctly, but have a
rather selfish attitude that their efficiency is more important
than readers' comfort and convenience. My feeling is that social
correspondence dictates that the reverse be true.

I suspect that I'm on the losing end of this, considering the way
things are going, but I've been 'tilting at windmills' all my life
and don't know how to stop.  Finis!
- --
Roger