Subject: Re: [Leica] Where to get a CLA on the West Coast?
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:32:47 +0100

>Hi All:
>
>Have any fellow Luggers had their cameras serviced by Stephen Choi at the
>Camera Service Center (founded by Rudy Lingg) in Culver City, CA?  I'm
>overdue for a CLA on my M-4 and noticed that they are listed as recommended
>on the LHSA website...
>
>Ira Silverman

ira,

if you're not going to go with sherry krauter and definitely want to stay
in so cal, i strongly recommend klaus kettenberg at:

pro camera service
2965 east hillcrest drive, #302
thousand oaks, ca 91362

805 497 7240

excellent work, professional service. this is the place that samy's and bel
air camera send their vintage leicas for repairs. if i'm not mistaken,
kettenberg is also listed on lhsa's site. he cla'd my iiif about a year
ago, and i was more than satisfied with his work. as i was hesitant to send
my camera to him, i drove it up myself. (the shop is about 45 minutes north
of west l.a.)

though the camera service center is just minutes from my home, i'll
probably go back to kettenberg for future services. i was very impressed
with his work and his prices were lower than what i was quoted when i
called the camera service center.

guy