Subject: Re: [Leica] Gimme a break?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:32:54 +0200

Steve,

Quite a few LUGgers have their own web sites and so have no need to piggyback on
collective websites. In addition, as far as I recall, Hans's site is on MSN, which
scares off a lot of people (because it is Microsoft site) and sometimes is
difficult to get into.

I certainly intend to participate in Alastair's project and hope that I can
produce an image worthy of being included in the final cut.

Nathan

Steve LeHuray wrote:

> Although I have voiced my support for FOM 2 I would like to add, and in
> doing so support Mike Johnson's comment, that a year or so ago Hans Phalen
> set up a site (I do not remember what it was called, the Leica Users
> something or other) where Leica users could post their photos and there was
> even a monthly contest. It seems to have died from lack of interest. Also
> Johnny Deadman has done something similiar for his Street Photo group, but,
> it does not seem to be a huge hub of activity. So, considering that not very
> many LUG members have websites where they display their work, or even taken
> advantage of the Leica Users website where they could scan in their photos
> for free, I wonder....
>
> Steve
> Annapolis
>
> http://www.streetphoto.net