Subject: Re: [Leica] Gimme a break?
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:56:16 -0400

>>... the absolutely, totally, utterly most completely surest way of achieving
>>nothing is to do nothing for fear of failing.
>>--
>>Johnny Deadman
>

> definitely true.
>
> in spite of the objections and cautions posted thus far, should we approach
> this project seriously - with all that that implies in the quality of work
> produced, the scrupulous editing required, and, should it go that far, the
> promotion appropriate for such a project - we may well end up with a
> collection of wonderful work by all of those here who wish to participate.
> rather than just virtually 'talk' together, we could work together, and
> possibly create something interesting.
>
> what could be wrong with that?
>
> guy

Although I have voiced my support for FOM 2 I would like to add, and in
doing so support Mike Johnson's comment, that a year or so ago Hans Phalen
set up a site (I do not remember what it was called, the Leica Users
something or other) where Leica users could post their photos and there was
even a monthly contest. It seems to have died from lack of interest. Also
Johnny Deadman has done something similiar for his Street Photo group, but,
it does not seem to be a huge hub of activity. So, considering that not very
many LUG members have websites where they display their work, or even taken
advantage of the Leica Users website where they could scan in their photos
for free, I wonder....

Steve
Annapolis

http://www.streetphoto.net