Subject: Re: [Leica] Gimme a break?
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:49:15 -0500

> likely to do is to waste a lot of time and effort and come up
with a motley
> collection of crap that collectively adds up to nothing. And,
if I may be so

Good to have the early reviews coming in over coffee. This must
be how the morning after opening night feels - off Broadway.

> bold, I would venture to suggest that the brilliant core
concept will, er,
> occur to others...in fact, doubtless already has. Others, that
is, who have
> far better resources to bring it off. Such as a museum--for
instance, the

I'd venture a guess that our collective resources, if focused,
are not shabby.

> institution that did it the first time. Anyway, I think the
whole thing was
> a dubious concept 45 years ago, and that in any event, its time
has
> emphatically passed. The original had a lot to do with the
ideas of Albert
> Schweitzer being current at the time, ideas that, to put it
mildly, seem
> quaint today.

With the resurgence of retro design, "quaint" may just work.

George