Subject: Re: [Leica] Family of Man II
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 01:01:19 +0200

Hi B.D.,

Where is the problem? IMHO a book of new pictures is much more interesting
than a compilation of old pictures. For the 200th anniversary of the French
revolution, if I remember well, more than 50 photographers took pictures
during one day. Most of these images are excellent and the whole set is
fascinating. BTW, Leica gave to each of them a new M6 ;-).

> 2. "They" did not gather together and set out
> over a period of time to take the photos. Rather,
> Steichen gathered at least 30 years worth of
> often iconic images from the best photographers
> in the world;
> 3. One of the reason for the exhibit's - and book's  - impact is that so
> many of the images were already considered iconic and were already so
> familiar to viewers;

- ---
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)