Subject: [Leica] Re: Family of Man II
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:01:07 -0700

- --=====================_55514075==_.ALT

At 11:16 PM 10/11/00 -0400, David Binder wrote:
>But after all we've been through these last 50 years, should it not at
>last be the Family of Woman And Man? (The Family of W.A.M.)
>
>-David Binder

Don't be silly David.

"Man" is genderless!

It is an insult to "The Family of Man" to harbor even the faintest thought
otherwise.

Merriam-Webster:
"A bipedal primate mammal (Homo sapiens) that is anatomically related to the
great apes but distinguished especially by notable development of the brain
with a resultant capacity for articulate speech and abstract reasoning, is
usually considered to form a variable number of freely interbreeding races, and
is the sole representative of a natural family (Hominidae); broadly : any
living
or extinct member of this family "

Alastair can call it whatever he bloody well pleases. It is his idea and should
do so without any interference from the PC sheeple.

Jim
- --=====================_55514075==_.ALT

At 11:16 PM 10/11/00 -0400, David Binder wrote:<br>
&gt;But after all we've been through these last 50 years, should it not
at<br>
&gt;last be the Family of Woman And Man? (The Family of W.A.M.)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;-David Binder<br>
Don't be silly David. <br>
&quot;Man&quot; is genderless!<br>
It is an insult to &quot;The Family of Man&quot; to harbor even the
faintest thought otherwise.<br>
Merriam-Webster:<br>
&quot;A bipedal primate mammal (<i>Homo sapiens</i>) that is anatomically
related to the great apes but distinguished especially by notable
development of the brain with a resultant capacity for articulate speech
and abstract reasoning, is usually considered to form a variable number
of freely interbreeding races, and is the sole representative of a
member of this family &quot;<br>
Alastair can call it whatever he bloody well pleases. It is his idea and
should do so without any interference from the PC sheeple.<br>
Jim</html>