Subject: Re: [Leica] Family of Man II
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 07:36:53 -0700

> David Binder wrote:
> > But after all we've been through these last 50 years, should it not at
> > last be the Family of Woman And Man? (The Family of W.A.M.)
>
>  Rich Lahrson responded:

> the name.  Sure, 'Family of Woman and Man' is okay, so is 'Family of
> Humanity' or 'Bipeds of the Earth', the later, though, sounding too science
> fiction!<<<<<<<<<,

And I haven't reached the bottom of 50 some posts yet, however!     Sad, sad
that this should start!

I suppose I'm becoming a senile old fart or something. Yesterday while loading
an M6 preparing to shoot some "Family of Man II" things,  I wondered how long
it would be before somebody came up with, "You can't call it Family of Man" any
longer! :-(

It must be Family of .......Man & Woman or Man & Man or She & She!  Or all of
the above~! Take yer pick!

And surprise! Here is the first posting this morning!  Damn! These days no
matter what title we pick for this wonderful Leica photo project, we're going
to get every damn twitchy assed political correct person coming down on it
because the title implies it's not right according to the "politically correct
standards of 2000!"

And I bet I'm going to get my ass flamed for this, but I've reached a time in
my life when I don't give a hoop! Send on the fire and brimstone!  The title
should stand as "Family of Man II!" and those who don't like it need not
participate or take jump in the ocean!  Like I said, take yer pick!

You can only satisfy some of the people some of the time,  to hell with the
rest! Leica's away for the Family of Man II! Damn the slings and arrows full
speed a head! Or something like that.

ted

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] Family of Man II)
Reply from John Poirier <mj.patterson@nt.sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Family of Man II)