Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: 90 f/2 or 75 f/1.4
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:41:40 -0400

> One of the beauties of Leica lenses, Rick, is that with but a few
> exceptions, any Leica lens in any focal length will be as good
> and usually better than its analog in other marques. Buy what
> best suits your needs.

I'm not disagreeing that almost any modern Leica lense is a very very good
lense, but there are other marquees that have equally as good lenses.  The
Contax Zeiss lenses for the RTS/Aria, some Canon and Nikon lenses that also
stack right up too...

> I'm a bit surprised that
> your first choice of a lens for the M6 is either a 75 or 90mm.

My first lense for my M was a 75, and though I bought a 50, 35 and 24
since...I always seem to keep the 75 on the camera, and rarely use the 35
and almost never the others...