Subject: Re: [Leica] Rollei QZ35
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:40:20 +0100

>I have thought about the QZ 35W for a while now, wondering the same about
>lens quality.  The body is big for a P&S, but the features are tremendous.
>I think it was Godfrey who told me some friends had it and liked it very
>much.  Other than that, I have not found reviews of it.  Cameraworld.com has
>20% off P&S cameras now, with excellent pricing on the QZ.
>
>Tom

tom, robert, and other potential qz'ers,

my wife has the qzt (as opposed to the qzw), and, having used it, i can say
that the camera is indeed impressive - the lens is fantastic, the features
many, significant, and very easy to use, the flash, dandy enough; all in
all, an excellent, high quality p & s capable of creating equally
excellent, high quality images.

the one or two problems i have with it: the body is a bit bulky, the zoom a
bit noisy, and there is the occasional frustration of the camera not
allowing you to take the picture you want to take (in my experience, it has
been an issue of automation - for example, once i wanted to shoot a
landscape, but the autofocus cannot focus on infinity and so the camera
wouldn't allow me to take the picture. i later learned that for such
pictures, you need to set the focus manually to infinity...)

guy