Subject: [Leica] This tripod nonsense again
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 22:22:15 -0500

> Right it off as nothing more than hogwash!
> ted

Hi there Ted--

You know it occurs to me that you could aim a pistol much more accurately if
you could screw it down on a tripod as well. So, if you happened to be a
soldier searching the rubble of a bombed city for enemy guerillas, and
someone jumped up in your face brandishing a bayonet, you could say, "excuse
me," unlimber your trusty tripod, attach your pistol to it, aim carefully,
and shoot the bastard dead.

Er, unless, except, that is....

Speaking of dead--if handholding is for dead photographers, tripods are to
ensure you get dead pictures. I can't think of any better way to "capture"
the indecisive moment.

- --Mike

P.S. John Williams is for real. Nice guy, good book. But his premise is
strictly to absolutely maximize photographic resolution--a very esoteric
pursuit. Coincidentally, that is the hobby of Kornelius Fleischer of Zeiss,
too.

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] This tripod nonsense again)