Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Steady as she goes there, lad [y]
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 09:18:58 -0700

>cause 200 microns (.008 inch) displacement for 1/10th of a second.  Assuming
>a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second, this movement alone will cause a
>loss of 22% of resolution with a system capable of reproducing 100 lines per
>mm (lpm).  <<<<<<<<

Byron Rakitzis responded::
between heart beats? It works for cameras too!<<<<<<<

Byron,
this guys a crock! Hell I've got slides where you can see the skin texture of a
running athlete and the only heart beat involved was slower than my ability to
re-act to shooting the action of the moment.

It's just another one of those theory people things with absolutely no idea of
what they are talking about when it comes down to the "real time" of  life in
handling cameras.
Or as you pointed out, target shooters firing between heart beats.

ted

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Steady as she goes there, lad [y])