Subject: [Leica] Leica M Grip comparison - Leica, GMP & Abrahamson
From: lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 15:42:06 +0200

 This w-e, I had the opportunity to really compare the 3 Grips available
for the Leica M.

The Leica M grip from Leica Camera AG, Germany.
The M-GRIP  from GMP Products Inc, USA.
The RAPIDGRIP from Tom Abrahamson, Canada.

After a 4 hours reportage with 3 camera bodies, each one with a
different grip, I can say that the best is without contest the
Rapidgrip.
The handling is much better, thanks to it's bigger size and because of
that, much safer.
The Rapidgrip is twice as thick  and also taller, both the others are so
skinny in comparison.

Other advantages of the Rapidgrip: it work so well on the Rapidwinder
and there is a compartment for storing extra batteries.

Lucien

Leica M grip from Leica Camera AG, Germany.
<http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/m6ttl/zubehoer/index_e.html>

M-GRIP  from GMP Products Inc, USA.
<http://www.nikonlinks.com/PhotoEquip/Default.htm>
RAPIDGRIP from Tom Abrahamson, Canada.