Subject: [Leica] viso/65elmar
From: firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 13:49:28 +1100

When I first began using Leica, I used to "sniff" around the camera shops,
and frequently would be told about the 65 elmar. Most added that I would
never find one (except perhaps the one they had for sale) as they were very
rare in Melbourne. On several occasions, I passed up on buying one, (it
seemed too expensive at $700) but using enlarger lenes on my viso/bellows
was never going to be a long term option, so of course I found a 65. I have
to admit that I was blown away with the images I obtained with this quirky
combination: sharp, contrasty, and rich in detail. For the cost, the lens is
truely amazing. I do not use it as much any more because I've invested a
"fortune" in the R lenses including the 100 apo macro, which is even more
amazing, but I do travel with the M and viso combination and the 65 always
comes along ;_0

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au> (Re: [Leica] viso/65elmar)