Subject: [Leica] Re: The Great Man
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 12:50:16 +1300

At 9:03 AM -0700 5/10/2000, Buzz wrote:

>Hey Ted!
>
>	I can't believe that I have shaken the hand of the man who took that
>picture...wow!  I remember it quite well, it ran on the front pages of many
>U.S. newspapers, and it's just one of those shots which for some unknown
>reason sticks in my mind.  For better or worse, I believe that one
>photograph did more to fix an image of Trudeau in the minds of us
>southerners than any other.

Until the recent coverage of Trudeau, i didn't even know who he was.
But i do know Ted's photograph of him, i just had no idea it was
Ted's!

Not only are you talented, Ted; but you're a surprisingly modest old bugger!

All the best,
Gary
- --

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University