Subject: Re: [Leica] Kenya and long lens
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:05:01 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/00 6:35:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
telyt560@cswebmail.com writes:
        <snip>
<< I do have
 > the 100 Macro/Apo for the R and the 2x extender.  I would like to add a
 > longer lens but I don't want to spend a lot of money.  This will be lens
 > that won't get much use probably.  That excludes the new modular system
 > lenses for the R's.  Can you recommend a good, older long lens for the R
or
 > should I look at the Viso system for the M?

    <snip>
 > Thanks -
 >
 > Tina
 > Tina Manley, ASMP
 > http://www.tinamanley.com

 Tina, the best bang for the buck is the 400 f/6.8 Telyt, either viso mount
or r-mount.
 Doug Herr
 Birdman of Sacramento
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages >>

The 180/3.4 APO represents excellent value, in the range of $700-900,
especially if you already have the APO 2x, which Leica recommends for use
with this lens.  You would have a very compact 360/6.8 APO, with reputedly
extremely fine image quality for a rig of this type.

Joe Sobel

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Kenya and long lens)