Subject: RE: [Leica] Kenya and long lens
From: "Jay Coleman" <jcoleman.interport@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:10:13 -0700

Tina:

By far the cheapest way to get into Leica long glass is the 400/6.8 in
sliding focus mount.  Depending on condition and age you should be able to
get one with shoulder stock and maybe carrying case for $800-1200.  I have
not used it but am told it is excellent.  Doug Herr on the LUG uses one and
gets excellent results.

I think both Tamarkin and Ken Hansen in New York have some.  Don Chatterton
also sometimes has them -- also others, check Shutterbug.

Have a great time!

Jay